Monday, April 6, 2009

PGSEM Alumni Interview

This happened a couple of weeks back, so I might have missed a few questions here and there. Sorry about that. :)

There were two people - A and B.
A was somewhat old.
B was the younger of the two.

A: How are you? (or something to that effect)
SV: Fine, had a long bike trip - indicated that new house is kinda far off from the place. Had some related discussions abt the location and its proximity to the International Airport.
B: Company name- do you know y is it called j235? (I have thought abt it for quite some time, but no answers to it. I dont know if anyone has the answer to it but people keep asking the same question :))
SV: Indicated that I think it has got something to do with the registration number of the company though not very sure about it.

B: What kind of a company is this?
SV: Services, [here I bungled up a bit] Though registered, it has got a loose connectivity to the parent company in the sense that the contract indicates that the parent company (Exeter) will provide us with x thousand dollors worth work. [Should have just said that it a 100% owned subsidary company to Exeter Group Inc. which is what it really is. :(]
He was somewhat confused. Some more discussion happened and then we left it at that point.

A: Asked about the designation and workload
SV: Indicated that, told him that since it is a small company, the expectation is that you should be putting in 10 hours of work everyday [though now that I think about it, that's what is the expectation everywhere with the recession setting in]
That's when B went on with his questions on whether we get coffee breaks or whether we have time to have a good lunch break everyday.
I wanted to tell him that we are not prisoners in a jail or something but just smiled and said - yes we do. :)

A/B: Do you think you will be able to manage your workload with the course?
SV: [Here again I somewhat bungled up - I should have said that there are two people from my office who have already done the course, so I should also be able to do it but did not] Just said I will be able to do it.

Any questions?
SV: Asked about the alumni networking part.
A/B: Indicated that though not extensive, exists.
SV: Asked as to how do they think their work mode has improved after the course [I guess this could be one question that the faculty mite ask me :D, better get the expectations now itself.]
A/B: From a professional point of view, not very sure since have not gone through a job change but from client interactions point of view has helped immensely. Said a few more things, do not remember exactly.

Hope this helps for the next batch aspirants.

sidvish

2 comments:

thinkingnovel said...

Your posts were really helpful! I certainly got some insight into how the interviews are...

But it will be really helpful if you can share how the PGSEM paper was last year... somewhere I read there will be a Analytical Writing section too.. is that true?

Anonymous said...

fioricet 120flomax fioricet
Bubble, this investment is an sudanese such mixture in which the other stock exchange as taxable central alarms are committed.